Thursday, March 4, 2010

A visit to San Antonio



Last Thursday evening I arrived in San Antonio, Texas to visit my daughter, Audrey, son-in-law, Bob, and granddaughter, Emily. They just moved there last August for Bob's new position as an ER nurse at So. Texas Regional Med. Center. My luggage didn't make it past Denver until 7:00pm the next evening! Had a great time shopping and talking and looking at the beautiful lampwork beads my daughter creates.

My granddaughter, Emily, will be 16 this coming weekend. She'll be getting a bouquet of tulips for her birthday from Papa and me. I started the tradition with our oldest granddaughter and have just kept on with it. I have one more granddaughter who will be 16 in a few years and three grandsons after her (don't know what I'll do for the boys).

We visited with my nephew, John and his daughter, Grace (named after my mom). Had a great time with them. Audrey made cookies with Grace and Emily painted her face and had her blowing bubbles in the backyard. They don't spoil her at all when she comes over to visit. It was so good to see them and hug their necks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment