Saturday, February 13, 2010

Are Diamonds a Girl's Best Friend?

About three weeks ago, while changing the sheets on my bed, I realized that I had lost the main diamond in my wedding ring. Now I have had that diamond for almost 50 years so I'm a little emotionally attached to it. We looked everywhere, crawled on hands and knees looking for the darn thing. So far, we haven't found it yet. I'm 95% sure it's in the house somewhere.

Well, anyway, I did have a diamond I could use as a replacement. It just happened to be in my grandmother's engagement ring that I had inherited. Of course, I had promised my youngest daughter she could have that ring when I passed on. And, my wedding ring was to go to my oldest daughter.

Now my kerfuffle (I learned that word from my dear friend, Terry, who is from New York) is that the two rings have merged. We just returned from the jewelers and my grandmother's diamond is now the center diamond in my wedding ring! It's gorgeous! I love it! And it's back on my left ring finger where it belongs! Looks like my girls will have to work out how to handle the ring after I'm gone.

The jeweler told me I should have the points on my rings checked every six months..... I don't think I have had any of them checked for six years. So do yourself a favor and stop by the jewelers and have the points on your rings checked. It's free at most jewelry shops!

0 comments:

Post a Comment